***BIG CHANGES IN THE WORKS***

***BIG CHANGES IN THE WORKS***

Be sure to stay tuned to this blog over the next couple of weeks. There are some fundamental changes in the works for this blog.

September 17, 2011

Attempting the Summit in less than 24hrs.

I just completed watching “Spirit of the Marathon”.  It was about 3 years ago when I watched this movie in the theaters with former Nazareth teammates Brad and Chris (all marathon virgins at the time) and I said “I will run a marathon” as I left.

Since then I have been through my share of ups (here and here) and downs and encountered difficulties that ground my training to a halt.  I pieced together a breakdown of the ultimate goal of running a marathon calling it my Mount Everest.

All week I have been anxious and filled with energy because tomorrow I make my attempt at the summit.

Chris, 2 time marathoner, will be there cheering and encouraging.  He’s waiting to see if he can run Boston a second time.  Brad will be running the half marathon (not sure what number this is for him). Kiel, a fourth teammate with 2 marathons under his belt and regular runner with us last year, will be unable to make it due to illness.  He’s working on training for a third marathon.

I will have my wife, parents, in-laws and friends I made with the Fleet Feet Distance Training program all rooting me on.  On top of that, in my mind there will be the encouragement of my fundraising donors, the readers of these blog posts and everyone who has encouraged me on Facebook.
I’m psyched!

No comments: