***BIG CHANGES IN THE WORKS***

***BIG CHANGES IN THE WORKS***

Be sure to stay tuned to this blog over the next couple of weeks. There are some fundamental changes in the works for this blog.

August 28, 2008

I've ben scoped!

So I have been blessed with a lovely stomach that hates me lately! If you recall some of my recent posts where I describe how I almost canceled my planned trip to the Outer Banks due to some serious stomach pains. I have already gone through an esophagram, which involved ingestion of copious amounts of chalky white liquid. That gave no indication of any problem.

Today I had a new experience ahead of me. Gastroscopy. This involves sedating the patient and inserting a tube with a camera down my esophagus, into my stomach and the upper part of my small intestine. What ever sedation they gave me seemed to knock me out pretty well. I vaguely remember gaging slightly as they inserted the tube then the next thing I recall was being wheeled out of the room as the nurse told me I was done. All I could think was... "What are you talking about, you didn't do anything!". After sedative wore off, I felt fine. Just a little tipsy, like I had drank one too many beers. Having not eaten breakfast this morning I was starving, so Brad (who drove me to the appointment) and I went to Denny's where I got a big breakfast (eggs, sausage, bacon, ham, hash browns and pancakes) where I proceeded to eat it all without leaving a single crumb on my plates. (!!!)

I have since felt a little tired but have experienced no pain what so ever. And to think, I was worried about how this would go! Let's hope they can figure out what the problem is now.

No comments: