***BIG CHANGES IN THE WORKS***

***BIG CHANGES IN THE WORKS***

Be sure to stay tuned to this blog over the next couple of weeks. There are some fundamental changes in the works for this blog.

January 25, 2008

The spirit is still alive in me (and my legs).


Last night I saw one of the most inspirational movies I can recall (with Chris and Brad - fellow runners). It is called "Spirit of the Marathon" (IMDb profile here) and is a documentary that looks at the stories of 6 runners preparing for and running the Chicago Marathon. The runners involved include elite Olympians like Deena Kastor - 2004 Olympic Bronze Medalist - and first time marathoners running for charity like Lori O'Connor. There is even a man in his late 60's who has ran multiple marathons!

I was incredibly moved by this movie. I know it sounds cliché to say but, you can really see what the spirit and determination of the human mind and body is capable of. It is stories like this that inspire me to work hard not only in training but in every other aspect in my life. For that reason I recommend this movie to anyone in need of a feeling of inspiration and not just to runners.

I plan on buying this movie as soon as it is released on DVD. I also plan on buying some new shoes tonight and easing my way back into running next week. My foot is continually feeling better and I have races to run!

8-)

No comments: