***BIG CHANGES IN THE WORKS***

***BIG CHANGES IN THE WORKS***

Be sure to stay tuned to this blog over the next couple of weeks. There are some fundamental changes in the works for this blog.

August 14, 2008

Godspeed... to Jon-Boar-the-Man-Whore.

The day has finally arived where my friend Jon has left the greater Rochester area to attend law school in Topeka, Kansas. This is a sad sad moment for me as he is one of the people in a foursome of friends whom since college are affectionately referred to as "The Four Drunken Horsemen of the Apocalypse". Emily has also referred to Jon as "my boyfriend" on more than one occasion. I and Jon too reluctantly admit... Jon is my confidant and non-homosexual non-gay lover. (Thanks for being a good sport and not too jealous all these years Emily!)

So this is a continuing and troubling problem for me over the past few years. My friends have this habit of moving away. If only I was not so comfortable here, I might move away as well. The whole technology thing allows us to keep in touch much easier than before (ahem... facebook), but it sucks not having as many familiar people to hang out with on a whim. And the roommate I live with... let's just say that the apartment we share is more like a big closet where he keeps his things rather than a place where he lives as he is rarely here when I am.

So, what is a guy in his mid-twenties to do with him self and his free time? It is times like this when I (almost) miss the constant ongoing demand of graduate school. Always something to be done. If only I was not so comfortable all the time with spending time occupying my self alone. No joke, a book, a couple of netflix DVD's and a little bit of playstation3 and I am all set. Is it possible that I have forgotten how to get out and make new friends?

Life is definitely different when you are out of school and in a working world full of routine!

No comments: