***BIG CHANGES IN THE WORKS***

***BIG CHANGES IN THE WORKS***

Be sure to stay tuned to this blog over the next couple of weeks. There are some fundamental changes in the works for this blog.

January 29, 2008

My "Zero Hour" has been set in stone.

At last week's group meeting for the Smith research group at RIT, my adviser (Tom Smith) started the meeting by listing off the string of dates that the department seminars will be held on. He then looked directly at Sidd and my self and said that those department seminars will include the thesis defense talks of this year's round of MS candidates (that's us).

*Deer in the headlights look on my face*

Tom now addressing me: "Glen I am looking for you to defend sometime in the beginning of April. What do you think? That would be either April 1 or April 15."

*Deer frozen in headlights with trembling legs*

Me: "Uhhhhh... ummmmm... I suppose that could work. Yes."

Tom: "So what date would you prefer."

*Semi-truck bearing down on frozen deer!*

Me: "Uhhhh... I'll have to think about it!"

Tom: "O.K. You let me know soon."

*RUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!*
*Narrowly escaping passing semi*

So the weekend came, and motivated by the feeling of being scared to death over how soon this is coming, I began to write my thesis on Saturday! And after sleeping on it a few nights, I decided to set my defense date at *drum roll please* April 1.

So there it is. My "Zero Hour" has been set.

WOW! I have SO MUCH to do to prepare!

No comments: