***BIG CHANGES IN THE WORKS***

***BIG CHANGES IN THE WORKS***

Be sure to stay tuned to this blog over the next couple of weeks. There are some fundamental changes in the works for this blog.

February 4, 2008

BART: ...this is exactly what Dad said would happen. LISA: Yeah, Dad was right... HOMER: I know, kids. I'm scared too!

O.K. When I make crazy off the wall predictions like this... THEY ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO COME TRUE! I am a little scared.

But I have to wish Eli mad props for the complete upset victory. Way to be an inspiration to underdogs everywhere. How in the hell did Eli Manning escape the Patriots linebackers closing in the pocket to unleash that throw to David Tyree... and even more so, how did Tyree even catch that!?! My jaw literally dropped when I witnessed that play.

While this was all going down, Tim was sure to stuff all of our faces with our own body weight worth of deep fried chicken wing goodness. With the big group of friends from RIT's chemistry department that was there, I barely even paid any attention to the stupid commercials because we were all socializing so much.

And the half time show... as I previously mentioned, we replaced that with an intense "Dr. Mario" tournament. So unfortunately *sarcasm* we all did not hear a single note uttered from Tom Petty's mouth. No one seemed disappointed. The Dr. Mario tournament bracket was set up, started at half time and we finished it off after the game came to an end. I managed to come out of the first round with a solid victory. I proceeded to defeat Matt in the second round to move on to the final round. There I found my self down 2 matches to 0 in a best of 5. So I hung in there and kept at it... won 2 more matches to bring it down to one final winer takes all match. I was just about to pull an Eli Manning like come from behind upset... when Max finished me off!

Truly I have been bested by a Dr. Mario great.

All of that together shaped up to make, in my mind, the best Super Bowl ever!

No comments: