***BIG CHANGES IN THE WORKS***

***BIG CHANGES IN THE WORKS***

Be sure to stay tuned to this blog over the next couple of weeks. There are some fundamental changes in the works for this blog.

November 6, 2007

Those bastard Austrian chemists!


One of the many things in life that gets me pissed off is when a laboratory procedure published in the literature does not work! I am repeating some previously published work done by some Austrian chemists that is closely related to what I am doing. I am working on making this molecule you see at your right so I can mess around with it my self under some different conditions. The molecule is ready for purification and according to their methods, the molecules they made were purified via silica gel chromatography with 50:1 cyclohexane:ethyl acetate.

My crude product however is not soluble in 50:1 cyclohexane:ethyl acetate!!! WTF!?

A simple 1-2-3 procedure that should take me no more than a day from start to finish is now complected. Bastards! Did I forget to mention that I am a little bitter towards these guys because they kind of published something slightly similar to my research 3 days after I proposed my research! Grrrrr.

My apologies to all those out there who have no clue what I am talking about. Just some inner rage at the moment.

No comments: