***BIG CHANGES IN THE WORKS***

***BIG CHANGES IN THE WORKS***

Be sure to stay tuned to this blog over the next couple of weeks. There are some fundamental changes in the works for this blog.

August 26, 2007

Three days in to a four day weekend!

Life is good when your boss is away at conferences. You can either do work at your own relaxed pace... or in this case, as per his suggestion to my fellow group members and my self, stop doing work all together for a brief moment! I have since decided to reward my self with a four day weekend by taking Friday and this coming Monday off. Once my batteries are recharged, I will hit the ground running for the new academic year.

Friday evening I saw "The Bourne Ultimatum" with Emily. The movie was excellent! There was more action and thrill in this movie than the first two Bourne movies combined. We followed up the evening with some conversation, cappuccino and hot chocolate (she does not drink coffee) at Canal Town Coffee Shop. Canal Town was the location of one of our very first dates... *cue the sentimental romantic music* And here comes a big sappy *Awwwwwwww!* from the studio audience.

Last night I went out with Tim, Matt and Jon. Tim and Matt are fellow grad students I go to school with while Jon is a long time college friend of mine who belongs to a group of my college friends (including my self) that we proudly refer to as "The Four Drunken Horsemen of the Apocalypse". It ended up being just us four guys with our girlfriends either staying home not wanting to go out or tied up with other things. It was good times indeed... this bar-hopping thing is really catching on for me!

First up we went to "The Old Toad". I have not been to this place in a LONG time. It is an authentic English pub. Almost all of the bartenders are from different parts of England. After a few Jack-and-Coke's, we were having a good time. After a few drunk phone calls later we decided to abandon plans to walk to Oxfords (another bar) to rendezvous with other people there. Turns out it is in a completely different section of the city, so we will hit that up next time.


Instead, Matt suggested we check out "The Blue Room". Not going to lie, for a two dollar cover charge, that place plain sucked! There was a very small crowd. The outdoor patio was about all you paid for at this place. The music was not that good, just a classic rock radio station being played over the sound system. The pool table was nice though. A few drinks seems to make the game of pool a lot more interesting. After that we headed home because Matt and Tim had girlfriends at home who were kind of left behind for the evening despite them not wanting to go out. I hope no one was in the dog house due to girlfriend neglect at the conclusion of the night!


I have to give mad props to Tim (A.K.A. T-Money or T-$) for his duties as D.D. and also to Jon for D.D.'ing my sorry semi-drunken ass home last night!

No comments: