***BIG CHANGES IN THE WORKS***

***BIG CHANGES IN THE WORKS***

Be sure to stay tuned to this blog over the next couple of weeks. There are some fundamental changes in the works for this blog.

August 21, 2007

Discussions over a glass of wine among friends

I hate feeling under the weather! Being sick really takes away energy that could definitely be better spent else ware. However, I suppose that slowing down and being lazy while recuperating has its benefits as well. On Saturday I began reading "Tuesdays With Morrie" and completed about 135 pages of it. It was another suggested read from Emily (my girlfriend). I'll comment more on that once it is complete.

Last night, despite feeling drained of much energy, I spent the evening visiting with Emily and her two friends from high school, Christen and Adrian. Nice people... the tolerable type of friends of a girlfriend that you don't mind hanging around with and getting to know.

Both Adrian and Christen (and Emily) are going into their senior year of college... and I must say I envy them! College was loads of fun for me. However, they brought up the issue of dealing with their mothers... who have apparently nagged the hell out of them and spurred many arguments while at home from college. I can relate. This was one of the catalysts for my decision to move out of my house a few years back. Now I can simply leave my parents house after a day or two when I have had my fill of any arguments.

So perhaps it is not such a bad thing that I am no longer in college. But now I get to be discontent with the uncertainty and stress of graduate school and living on my own. So it seems I both enjoy and loathe my past and present situations... *sigh* this must be "the tension of opposites" being referred to in "Tuesdays With Morrie".

No comments: