***BIG CHANGES IN THE WORKS***

***BIG CHANGES IN THE WORKS***

Be sure to stay tuned to this blog over the next couple of weeks. There are some fundamental changes in the works for this blog.

October 6, 2007

No matter what the state of your health, the race must still be run.

Ugggghhhh... I hate sinus infections. If you get them on occasion you will know what I am talking about. If you do not get them... you are very lucky!

I ended up coming down with one Thursday and it has pretty much drained much of the energy from me over the past few days. Despite that, I still felt compelled to run a 4k cross country race today, the Golden Flyer Invitational - Alumni/Open 4k.

Drugged up with a dose of Sudafed that allowed me to breathe yet left me with a distinctly unpleasant dry mouth despite drinking countless bottles of water, I threw my self into the race. It could have been worse. Brad (a former teammate of mine) decided to run the race with a hangover following a night of partying.

I posted a time of 18:25 (pace of 7:22). It was an unseasonably hot day with the sky clouding over during the race and finally letting loose a solid downpour in a thunderstorm just as our race wrapped up. Given my bodily condition, I am glad I simply finished the race!

A group of about 5 alums went out for food and reminiscing after the race. It was nice to get together with former teammates I have not seen in quite a while.

So now I am feeling pretty dead tired right now. Somehow I need to find the energy to work on writing a manuscript for my boss concerning my research. With any luck, I will be a published scientific author within the next 6 months! :-)

I'll write more when my bateries are recharged and my health is restored.

No comments: