***BIG CHANGES IN THE WORKS***

***BIG CHANGES IN THE WORKS***

Be sure to stay tuned to this blog over the next couple of weeks. There are some fundamental changes in the works for this blog.

October 9, 2007

A congressional double standard (again) regarding religion and the government... political corectness strikes again!

I was recently tipped off to this story this morning while listening to "The Glenn Beck" radio program. Yes, I reluctantly admit am a listener of talk radio in the mornings while I am working. I am only interested in this particular show because it is so interesting.

Here's what I learned today!

First off, it became public today that a 17 year old Ohio Eagle scout was given a flag certificate for a flag that was flown over the nation's capital to honor his grandfather. The certificate had the following statement:
"This flag was flown in honor of Marcel Larochelle, my grandfather, for his dedication and love of God, country and family."
However, when the young scout received the certificate, the word "God" was omitted because the U.S. Capital Architect feels that the word "God" is an inappropriate religious word for such certificates.

Now... at the same time this week, our congress decided to pass a resolution recognizing the Holy Month of Ramadan. ***At this point I must take a moment to laugh immaturely at the Moro Islamic Liberation Front... watch the movie "American Pie" and you will understand why it is impossible for me not to snicker at a group by the acronym MILF!***

I was happy to read further that 42 congressmen voted "present" and refused to vote yes or no. Unfortunately none of them were from NY.

What a double standard, wouldn't you say? It's kind of making me sick to my stomach. Or maybe that's just remnants of the cold I had this weekend.

And by the way... I watched every second of the Bills game last night. It was one of the best games I have ever watched. Buffalo lost but how could you not be impressed. The 32nd rated defense in the league intercepted Tony Romo 5 times (!) and really rattled the cage of the undefeated Cowboys. Even with a loss, every one of those players must have woke up this morning feeling pretty damn confident coming off of this game!

No comments: