***BIG CHANGES IN THE WORKS***

***BIG CHANGES IN THE WORKS***

Be sure to stay tuned to this blog over the next couple of weeks. There are some fundamental changes in the works for this blog.

October 19, 2011

We are running out of excuses.

When I share with people that I completed a marathon I often get the response of, "I could never do anything like that."  I certainly understand this thinking because I was there at one point.

When attempting to comprehend such a difficult goal as running 26.2 miles all at once your mind naturally rationalizes excuses as to why it can't be done.  "I'm too busy." "I have kids." "I'm too old for that." "I don't have that kind of endurance."

Enter Amber Miller and Fauja Singh

Amber Miller - 39 weeks pregnant, ran the Chicago marathon (and subsequently gave birth)
Fauja Singh - 100 years old, ran the Toronto marathon (not his first, probably not his last)

With these accomplishments, we are running out of excuses (no pun intended) not to do big things with our selves (not just running marathons either).

No comments: