***BIG CHANGES IN THE WORKS***

***BIG CHANGES IN THE WORKS***

Be sure to stay tuned to this blog over the next couple of weeks. There are some fundamental changes in the works for this blog.

June 4, 2010

2010 JP Morgan Chase Corporate Challenge

RIT is commonly known as "The Brick City", but at least once every year RIT becomes "Tent City" as companies from the Rochester area move in for the 3.5 mile JP Morgan Chase Corporate Challenge Race. I of course was there.


The massive tiered starting line to accomodate the estimated 9,100 runners.
Our company getting ready for our team picture before the race.

The race its self was a perfect culmination of conditions. It was near 70 degrees, cloudy and just as the race began, it started to rain. The rain tapered off and gave way to sun at the exact moment I crossed the finish line. This was the fourth time I ran this particular race, so I knew what to expect. I was thoroughly acquainted with the course having run the RIT loop dozens of times while in graduate school. I did everything right during the race (lifted knees, kept head up, good splits, etc.) It all came together for a great race time (by my standards) of 25:53.

I have been very happy with my results all day today.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: