***BIG CHANGES IN THE WORKS***

***BIG CHANGES IN THE WORKS***

Be sure to stay tuned to this blog over the next couple of weeks. There are some fundamental changes in the works for this blog.

October 9, 2009

Obama... Nobel... WTF?

Can someone please explain to me what this president has done to deserve being bestowed the Nobel Peace prize!?

Here's a quote from the AP:
"President Barack Obama won the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize on Friday in a stunning decision designed to build momentum behind his initiatives..." (emphasis added)
So let me get this straight, Obama was awarded the Nobel prize as a means to building momentum in achieving his initiatives. Has he actually achieved any of his initiatives? I think Saturday Night Live answered that question last week.

So basically the Nobel Peace Prize has now become one giant "A for Effort" award. It's like giving the Buffalo Bills the Vince Lombardi trophy in the hopes that it will put momentum behind the team towards winning the Super Bowl!

On a related note, I have been doing some thinking... I am officially announcing that I am planning on curing cancer in all forms all over the world over the next year. For this lofty well intentioned initiative, I humbly accept the 2010 Nobel Prize in Medicine.
HA!

2 comments:

JB said...

Dude, I totally understand your frustration! Lord knows how long I've been waiting for the Bills to snag a Super Bowl title!

Glen said...

LOL... Jon... do you even know what sport the Bills play?