***BIG CHANGES IN THE WORKS***

***BIG CHANGES IN THE WORKS***

Be sure to stay tuned to this blog over the next couple of weeks. There are some fundamental changes in the works for this blog.

January 15, 2009

Oh what a sory excuse for a blog.

I would imagine that to close out 2008 and begin 2009, everyone would be blogging about New Years resolutions and sharing their stories of what they did for their holidays. Not me... I just drop off the face of the virtual Earth!

I do feel bad for the lack of blog posts, but with the winter dreariness I have been feeling rather lethargic and uninspired. I could make a New Years resolution to write more posts, but that would just be lame.

The general consensus from most people I know is that New Years resolutions do not work so they are not even making them to begin with. I did make a list of a few things I would like to do in 2009 though, some I will share here.

  1. Expand my knowledge through reading 15pp per day. (Already behind on that one!)
  2. Expand my career by building a professional network, taking on new initiatives and learning new skills.
  3. Keep in touch with friends more.
  4. Do some charity work.
There's more... we shall see how it goes.

At the moment I have been contemplating some news from a friend of mine who shall remain anonymous for reasons of privacy. An aunt of theirs was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer at the age of 52 and given 6 months to live. That's pretty heavy stuff. My first thought (I am not even being dramatic here) was, "What would I leave behind as an accomplishment if that happened to me?"

Given these events, perhaps I should look a little more closely at what my resolutions should be for this year.

No comments: