***BIG CHANGES IN THE WORKS***

***BIG CHANGES IN THE WORKS***

Be sure to stay tuned to this blog over the next couple of weeks. There are some fundamental changes in the works for this blog.

November 30, 2008

A moment of thanks.

So the last time I talked to you I decided that this blog was going on a diet. Since then I have not posted anything! There's no point in redirecting the subject matter of my blog if I don't continue to write.

I'll start off with bringing up that Thanksgiving has come and gone yet I made no mention of what I am thankful of. Given the current difficult economic times facing our nation, people are loosing their jobs, savings and retirement accounts are loosing value and homes are being foreclosed there is much I can be thankful for. I am lucky enough to have a job, health insurance, etc.

I am thankful for these things, however; in these times when you can lose your job and so on, there is something I am even more thankful of. Something that does not have the dollar amount value of a job, house or retirement account. Refer to this older blog post.

I am thankful for my family and friends. I am thankful to be blessed to have all of my grandparents with us and (relatively) healthy.

I know... that sounds incredibly corny. But in trying times when we are losing the things we place a monetary value on, things that are priceless and unable to lose during hard times take on a whole new value.

This is why above all I am thankful for my family and friends. It is their love that helps me appreciate and enjoy life when things are going well. Their support and encouragement also helps get me through the difficult times that life has.

O.K. That's enough sentimental blogging for the time being.

No comments: