***BIG CHANGES IN THE WORKS***

***BIG CHANGES IN THE WORKS***

Be sure to stay tuned to this blog over the next couple of weeks. There are some fundamental changes in the works for this blog.

December 2, 2007

*UgggHhHhHhgggggggg...* No more turkey...

Hey everybody! What a great holiday break. Pardon my extended absence but things have been a little bit crazy lately.

I celebrated Thanksgiving last weekend with my family. It worked out to be more like 3 different Thanksgivings... the first one being just my parents and I, second grandparents, aunt/uncle and cousins from mom's side of the family and third grandparents from dad's side of the family. Turkey was had on all three days, hence my disdain for that particular food for the time being!





On my mother's side of the family, I have two little cousins. My aunt and uncle just got married about 3 years ago and made a few new additions to the family. Rosario is 2 years old now. She's the rambunctious one in the movie clips above. So full of energy! My apologies for the horrible quality video clips but I can't help to experiment with stuff like this. I took them with my cell phone. They also have an infant, Jon Diego... no more than 3 months old. He's adorable! When I first saw him about a month ago at his baptism, he basically did nothing but sleep! It was only a week ago that I finally saw him with his eyes open. Apparently he does have eyes after all! I will post a picture as soon as I can.

Other things that happened on my break... watched "Evan Almighty" and "Dodgeball", completed reading "The Accidental Tourist", went to Teresa's birthday party (happy 24th!), Jon also came into town for that. He got to meet my family and see my home town of Derby for the first time. Overall it was pretty cool. Very relaxing.

At the moment I am busting my ass trying to get things done and in order in the laboratory before a major quarterly meeting with all of the collaborators of my research. I leave for New York City immediately after the meeting. Then I return and have a few days to polish up my interim seminar for my masters thesis. DAAAAAAMN! Tough to find time to do much of anything other than work lately!

Now you see why I have not been active with the posts recently.

I'll try to write some more before my departure for NYC. I am sure that I will have LOTS to say upon my return!

No comments: