***BIG CHANGES IN THE WORKS***

***BIG CHANGES IN THE WORKS***

Be sure to stay tuned to this blog over the next couple of weeks. There are some fundamental changes in the works for this blog.

September 12, 2007

Re: 9/11

Jim Hill : What was it like to be at Disneyland and/or Walt Disney World six years ago today?

Take a moment to check out this link. This is incredibly surreal.

Everyone remembers where they were when the planes hit. Did you ever think about what it must have been like if you were in an incredibly happy fun place at the time when it happened?

9/11/01
On a comfortable, sunny, cloudless Tuesday morning I was coming out of English 101 class being held in the "trailer classroom", a temporary classroom set up as an extension of the space in Carroll Hall at Nazareth. My upon exiting, my friend Drew told me of a plane hitting the WTC. My initial thoughts were, "Those buildings are huge, how could a pilot, accidentally hit them?" I then proceeded to Biology Lab, thinking about all the hundreds of people who must have perished in such a terrible accident, confident that some major aviation malfunction was to blame.

About one hour into my lab class, I was practicing my micro pipetting technique as my lab partner (Sarah) drowsily helped set up experiments. A few others in the class speculated about what had happened. It was then that Dr. Temple (my favorite professor in the Biology Department at Nazareth) entered the classroom and filled in Dr. Hallahan on the more recent events that had occurred over the past couple hours. I over heard scary terms like "second plane hitting", "multiple planes hijacked" and "possible terrorism". Dr. Temple then filled us in on the details and announced that all classes after 12 PM were canceled. I then headed back to my dorm room to turn on CNN.

My room was dark... empty... unnecessarily warm, as most rooms in the O'Connor residence hall tend to be in early September.

I turned on the TV and chanced the channel to CNN.

My jaw dropped... I gasped.

I took a step back from the TV in disbelief as I tried to comprehend what I was seeing.

And the rest is history.

Please... NEVER FORGET. Or history will be destined to repeat its self.

No comments: